Friday, September 23, 2011

Before & During: Playfully Mixing it Up with Stripes

By Tammy

The busy family is still going strong with the home remodel / style updates.   We finally have our daughter's play room painted.  If you recall, I posted a contest to see what color palette I should use.  Refer to my Fun with Color post here.

Many thanks to everyone's comments via the blog, Twitter and Facebook.  The close winner was "D."  What a beautiful color palette.  The playful stripes adds additional pop of fun color.  My stylist was right on with these suggestions.  However...

The client always wins!  Yep, you guessed it.  My daughter would not budge from the purple and pinkish combo of "A," which is Mysterious Mauve SW6262, Refresh SW6751 and Ruby Shade SW6572.  And in reality, it is her magical room.  You know what though?  It turned out stunning.


Would the client change anythingThe client got her way, but we had to limit the use of the stripes.  She has requested and continues to request that we run the stripes around the entire room.  Not!  

For all the DIYers, my husband picked up some FrogTape with paint block to assist with the stripes.  It didn't completely work, but it worked good enough.  We didn't need to touch-up, so it was worth it.  But then again, it could very well be a user error.

So what's next?  We really need to find a desk that would fit the room without taking up too much space.  And, I've been eyeing some lounge seating to make this play room easily adaptable to the not so far off Tween media/hang out room.


At the moment, I'm kinda drawn to the eggplant color and silver shown in my solo pin.  If anyone has any suggestions or possible pins for my Pinterest board, please feel free to drop me some comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment