Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fun with Color

By Tammy

Yep, the home remodel continues.  Finally, all of the carpet downstairs is removed and the gorgeous wood floors are down.  And now the fun begins! 

When we built our house we had always envisioned the third bedroom to be a temporary guest bedroom, then a nursery.  Well, life throws you curves and plans don’t always go your way.  So now, it’s a “play” room for my daughter, which is conveniently located right across the hall from her very pinkalicious bedroom.  What is it with girls and pink? 


The original neutral color still adorns the walls in the play room, so before we move all the stuff back into it, our plan is to make it a study / media / hang out room for a very soon to be 7 year-old and friends.  So starting with pretty much a blank canvas, why not paint the room?
 
Here’s where you can help – why not let my readers Vote!  And recommend any items or tips to transform this blank canvas into a room that any child/tween would want to hang out in.  

My friend and co-worker over at See: Create: Be Happy has been helping me during the remodel process.  She’s a product designer at Wilsonart and really knows my likes and dislikes.  We thought this would be so much fun!  Here are four (4) color palettes we have chosen:

Don't you just love these names?

A.  Mysterious Mauve SW6262; Ruby Shade SW6572 and Refresh SW6751

B.  Intuitive SW6017; Gleeful SW6709 and Reflecting Pool SW6486

C.  Restful SW6458; Apples & Pears BM395 and Beguiling Mauve SW6269

D.  Valentine SW6587; Aloe SW6464 and Springtime SW6708

Kids living with color…what more can you ask!



5 comments:

  1. I'm in love with Mysterious Mauve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really difficult because they are all so beautiful. But, I've had my eye on "D" from the beginning - bright and cheerful. If you click on my friends blog link, she gets into more details on the project. The use of 3 colors are really more subtle. 2 of the colors will be used as stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rather like the "D" combo. I'm not a great judge of color, but those seem to work out well in my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll go for "C." Restful is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotten two votes for "D" on Facebook, and an additional vote for "D" on my blog. It's bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete