Thursday, October 6, 2011

Finding Inspiration: Making a House a Home


By Andrea, The Urban Pioneer

When I start to think about making my house my home...it overwhelms me. I've heard from Gale that each room has 200 decorating choices. That's 1,400 choices for my little urban condo. Yikes!

I'm a small store shopper, give me a boutique and I'm good. Send me into a department store, and I shut down. Too many options sends me into anxiety overload (1,400 choices is about 1,390 to many for me!). Looking at the empty rooms and thinking about all the potential for each one is exciting, but scary.

I've asked around for advice, really just wanting someone to tell me "Do this and your house will be amazing." But, that usually costs a little money, and I'm going to do this on a lean budget.  So far, the best advice has been "Start with pillow shopping." What?  Pillow shopping?  You're crazy.

Not so!  Find a pillow that speaks to your style and color preferences and the rest of the room will follow.  A pillow is easy to bring shopping, and somewhat inexpensive to change out when you tire of them.

So pillow shopping I go...and boy, there are a lot of pillows out there!  Here is what I've found so far.


Pillows that 'speak to me"

Where do you find decorating inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment