Monday, August 1, 2011

Pin Away

By Tammy
While working through my own home style updates, I have been playing around with virtual pinboards.  And one that I have fallen for is Pinterest.  Check out the beginnings of my Industrial Chic pinboard - I love, love, love it!  It's a whole lot easier than printing out images from online sites or tearing out pictures from magazines (think eco-chic).  I know many of my creative friends and co-workers will enjoy this handy dandy tool just as much.

Here's a little Pinterest 101:
  • Collect and Share all those inspirational images you uncover online
  • Easily browse pinboards of interest created by other creative minds
  • Use the "Search" box to find your style; it's valuable

Pinterest is connecting people all over the world based on shared interests and tastes.  Many of my bloggie friends are using virtual pinboards in so many ways from planning their weddings, decorating their homes, to just plain fun of sharing food recipes and more.  Even pins for Wilsonart Laminate and Solid Surfacing products are showing up on virtual boards.  (Hint! Wilsonart folks - check it out here.) 

The Pinterest team has done a fine job of making pinning easy.  They've even created a "Pin It" button for use with the Firefox Bookmark Toolbar.  That's how I'm easily pinning... Once you have setup an account, check out their "Goodies" link on how to install this and much more.

I hope you'll find this info beneficial and perhaps, it will inspire you to create your own virtual pinboard for sharing.  Happy pinning everyone!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment