Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Before and During: Kitchen Nook Style Update

by Tammy

The busy, active family is at it again.  Progress is progress, right?  The kitchen nook is probably the one room that is fairly easy to tackle with our on-going style updates.  Here's a few pictures of the Before:

College table keeps growing with me through the years
 
Faux finish with a tea stain
Pantry - Let's not open it, LOL!
By simply adding a fresh coat of new paint, a colorful table runner and fabulous new chairs (see previous post), it took this kitchen nook from "oh, so not us country" to "make a statement - WOW!"


Of course, there are still things on my to-do list such as sanding and painting the kitchy table the Reflecting Pool blue.  This job my husband volunteered for. Ladies don't you love it when your husband volunteers to do a project for you?  Not sure about your husband, but mine has ulterior motives.  This is his chance to cash in on new power tools.

And what I'm really excited about, my stylist is working on options for my new, cool light fixture... so stay tuned on my continuing reveal.

In the meantime, I would love to hear your thoughts on adding beadboard over the "white faux finish" (the faux is still there but more masked) in this remodel project. This would give the final reveal a more classic, sophisticated look.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I love the mix of the metal chairs with the wood table.

    ReplyDelete