Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Urban Pioneer: My Place In the Heart of Minneapolis

By Andrea, The Urban Pioneer

My little corner in the city was the first place I looked at during the house hunt. I fell in love with the character, the location and the fact that it has a garage...tough to come by and much needed in Minneapolis. This little urban condo has original craftsman style doors, a dining room built-in cabinet, high ceilings, crown molding, hard-wood floors and an awesome screened in front porch. I'm looking for a way to combine the old character charm and a new urban feel, like this place.

I put an offer in after one quick walk through never thinking they would take my bid. I was told I was 4th on the list. Well, two days later I find out I am now the proud owner of a 1911 condo in the heart of Minneapolis!


With keys in hand, I opened the door to my new home and realized I was looking through what I'll call 'light pink, not rose, colored glasses' during my initial visit. While the place still has it charm...and garage, it also has a major list of fix ups. With a little elbow grease, a lot of idea hunting and the help of family and friends, I know I can take this urban condos potential and turn it into reality. Now it's time to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment