Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mom and Dad meet Madura

By Tammy
Ever wonder how granite would look in a laminate surface? Wonder no more. Wilsonart’s Madura series arrives just in time for spring!
You see I’m the daughter of a Wilsonart retiree. I’ve grown up with laminate surfacing all my life. Much like the Wilson house, laminate adorned many surfaces in our family home. I remember vividly the avocado green appliances, white marbled laminate and laminate wall paneling.
My parents, who are now empty-nesters built a home nine years ago. Being a brand loyalist, they would have no other surface material but Wilsonart Laminate for their new countertops. So, they chose their design from the good old faithful laminate chain (boy, did I have fun playing with those when I was little). And even though it still looks good, it could use a little style update.
So, what better way to introduce a savvy new granite series than to my very own parents. Mom and Dad meet Madura!











Madura Pearl countertop and island shown.

Quotes from my parents:
”I wish your dad would switch out my tops! Not that I need new tops, but Wilsonart has made me fall in love all over again.
“That’s not laminate.”
“The finish is authentic. I’d never need to worry about my granite chipping.”
“The decorative edge is the only way to go. I want to say goodbye to the brown line.”
“Just look where technology has come in a short time.”
Haven’t seen Madura yet? You can simply visit Countertop.com or visit your local retailer. I’m betting on Madura Gold as a fan favorite. How about you?

3 comments:

  1. Madura Pearl is one of my favorites with it's trend savy touch of gray on the white background! Looks lovely in the picture above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Natalia. The Madura Pearl is my second favorite. In 6-months, I'll have to see which of the four designs is truly the fan favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is pretty!! It looks so chic in that kitchen too. I love it.

    ReplyDelete