Monday, January 24, 2011

Quotes from Alt

By Heidi

After an exciting five days in Salt Lake City, it's bittersweet to return from the Altitude Design Summit. As sponsors, we had a lot of fun hosting events and meeting bloggers. From Wednesday's Dinner With to Friday's Mini-Party, not only did I have a great time hanging out with some amazing designers, but I also learned a lot from the brightest minds in the industry. Here are some of my favorite quotes from speakers and panelists at Alt.

"A woman should always put on what she wants and never second guess it." - Mondo, Project Runway Season 8 Runner-Up

As an avid fan of Project Runway, it was so refreshing to hear fashion advice from someone as talented as Mondo. Throughout the keynote, Mondo continued to emphasize that confidence is the most important thing a woman can wear.

"I buy magazines like they're crack." - Allison Czarnecki of Petit Elefant

Lean Remodeler Blogger Tammy Weadock taught a panel with the inspiring Allison Czarnecki, and I couldn't help but laugh when I heard her say this. Design comes from all sorts of different places, but like Allison, I also struggle with a magazine addition. I subscribe to simply too many magazines, but I can't think of a better way to get the inspirational ball rolling.

"The playlist has become playful." - DJ Spooky

Admittedly, I had no idea who DJ Spooky was going into this conference. But after leaving his keynote, I can say that he's truly unforgettable. I learned so much about how music has evolved since the 1920's, and how we're continuing to change how we listen to music. One of the most informative presentations I've ever had the privileged of listening to, DJ Spooky is certainly one to be admired and appreciated.


I'll be posting more pictures of the conference soon, so be sure to keep an eye on Wilsonart's Flickr Feed. I even snapped a few pics of our signature cocktails at Friday night's party. Thank you to everyone who helped make Alt such a special conference for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment