Wednesday, December 22, 2010

No Place Like Home for the Holidays

By Tammy

There’s no place like home when you’re getting ready for the holidays. My husband and I are replacing our floors. Little did I know how disruptive it would be. Okay, slight fib, I kinda knew how disruptive it would be… I was just kidding myself – it is a remodeling project. Wood dust, banging, sawing, sleeping on my mattress in the living room, just to name a few. But through the hard work, I’m pleased to present the completed checklist thus far:

master bedroom and walk-in closet

formal dining room

daughter’s room and mini walk-in closet

Through the remodel process, I made every effort to get the Christmas tree, stockings, and interior holiday decorations up (at least for the most part). Oh, and my super sweet sister Kimberly gifted “The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition” to my daughter Sterling. She named him “Herbie,” and he’s just hanging with us through the holidays. If you do not have one, you don’t know what fun you and the kiddos are missing out on. Seriously!

My New Year’s resolution: finish the flooring project (goodbye carpet)! Perhaps then, I’ll move on to sanding my breakfast nook table. It just needs an (Up)Date. A pop of color will do the trick – I’m loving turquoise at the moment. Thanks to Design*Sponge for the lesson on Before and After Basics: Painting Furniture! It will come in handy.

If you have a remodel New Year’s resolution, we’d love to hear them. Drop us a note.

Happy Holidays!

It is said that
the most powerful place to be
is satisfied in the moment,
with pleasant expectations
about the future.

As the year nears its end,

it is the perfect time
to reflect on the previous year
and to appreciate what we have:
our loved ones, security and opportunities.

With the New Year comes a celebration
of possibility and increasing light.
This holiday season
I wish you and yours
excellent health, happiness
and the excitement for what’s to come.

Cheers
!

No comments:

Post a Comment